[AccessD] One Accdr (front end) for each User's PC or Share theAccdr file on the File Server

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Tue Oct 21 18:24:40 CDT 2014

Here is the snippet of code that does the read / copy bit if you are interested.

' Read the version text files and compare them.
if FS.fileexists(destinationPath & "version.txt") then
	destTxtVersionFile = GetFile(destinationPath & "version.txt")
	sourceTxtVersionFile = GetFile(sourcePath & "version.txt")
	copyTheFile = not (destTxtVersionFile = sourceTxtVersionFile)
else
	copyTheFile = true
end if

if (FS.fileexists(destinationPath & applicationname & ".accde") = false) then copyTheFile = true

if copyTheFile then
	FS.CopyFile sourcePath & applicationName & ".accde", destinationPath
	FS.CopyFile sourcePath & "version.txt", destinationPath
	FS.CopyFile sourcePath & "Icon.ico", destinationPath
	copyOtherSpecifiedFiles
end if