[AccessD] Cannot refer to a textbox on a form in the form'srecordsource on open

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Sun Oct 26 12:04:38 CDT 2014

<<However, if I want the assumed minimum age to be 18, there is no way I can
set this value when the form is opening. It does me no good to have the
value in the control's default, the control is still NULL at the time that
the recordsource is evaluated the first time.  >>

  Old trick:

 Issue a me.repaint in the form's OnOpen event.

  This occurs before the load of the forms recordset and the .repaint forces
the instantiation of all controls before the code will continue.

  So you can add a control, default it, then have your SQL point to it with
out issue.

Jim.