[AccessD] Want to repopulate combo after adding items

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 12:40:48 CDT 2014

==========I'm not sure what you meant by this.

> Optionally (depends on your workflow) u can also set the list
> index (perhaps value for a cbo) to the just added item as well. I usually
> loop forms to make sure that main form is still open, since sometimes
> species are being added as standalone.

==========This is a great idea because the user would only add a new
species at this point if that species defined the new animals s/he's
adding. A nice touch. I should've thought of it myself.

> This is one of the things I like about access, that a pop up still can get
> a handle on the previous form.
>
> You can even loop all forms looking for all controls that use species in
> their rowsource, and requery them all at the same time (possibly setting to
> their previous values after re query if that happens to deselect user
> selections ...

==========I hadn't considered requerying the main form from the popup --
good thought too.