[AccessD] Another normalization question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 14:13:46 CDT 2014

I'm still working on the animal tracking database. It's going Okay, but I
don't have a lot of free time to work on it. ;)

Right now I'm hashing through institution contacts and phone numbers. I
think, for the most part, that most phone numbers will belong to the
institution, but maybe not -- what if the institution has more than one
contact and each has a number? On the other hand, if I relate the phone
number to the contact and the contact leaves, I lose the phone number,
which might rightly belong to the institution.

You know, looking back... I can't remember how I handled this in the past.

Susan H.