[AccessD] DoCmd.OpenModule for Access - Something similar for Excel ?

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 21:51:43 CDT 2014

Not sure it is right to say 80 modules is excessive without knowing the
application, in particular if, as was suggested elsewhere, some of these are
class modules. Every worksheet can have a code module, some workbooks can
have hundreds of worksheets - and sometimes there are ActiveX CommandButtons
that have their click event within the sheet's code module. So that would be
potentially hundreds of sheets. I also remember reading that code for
incompatible versions of Excel can be placed into separate code modules and
therefore one needs to worry about runtime compilation only in the modules
whose procedures are called; presumably testing for version before deciding
which proc to call.