[AccessD] OT: Windows 10...

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Tue Sep 30 18:09:45 CDT 2014

Hahahaha!  I hadn't consider the Teutonic syntax implications of using 9.

I suspect it is more for branding and marketing

1: To make a clean break from W8.  By choosing "10" it shows a big leap forward from the current offering.
2: 10 is a nice 'countdown' type number. Solid.
3: it is also a nice score - Watch for headlines like "Windows 10 out of 10!"  blah blah.
4: Surprise factor.  Everyone was expecting Windows 9 - so this will shake it up a bit and get your attention.
5: There is the nerd binary factor of using 1 and 0 in the OS's name (although maybe it is just me)

I am sure there are more, but it is early here in Oz and I am in need of a Coffee.  What is worse we only have the 'low grade' Nescafe pods left until our new order arrives. - Grim days indeed.

Hmmmm...