[AccessD] Need help with a query

McGillivray, Don DMcGillivray at ctc.ca.gov
Wed Apr 1 17:14:23 CDT 2015

Surprised by a limit of 2k characters, I searched and found the following relevant to Access 2010:

https://support.office.com/en-za/article/Access-2010-specifications-1e521481-7f9a-46f7-8ed9-ea9dff1fa854

"Number of characters in an SQL statement
 Approximately 64,000*

*Maximum values might be lower if the query includes multivalued lookup fields."

Earlier versions may have had lower limits, but let's hope that 2010 and beyond are at least as much as this.

This particular spec relates to Query objects.  Does anybody know if a similar limit exists for SQL that's built and executed in code?  Just wondering if there may be a difference.