[AccessD] A real puzzler

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 8 06:57:02 CDT 2015

Guest that!

Re memory diagnostic - I have found with past experiences of accelerating
frequency of shut-downs, that the system didn't get a chance to record any
events.
And memory checks showed no problems - providing the rest of the system wasn't
being stressed.

One system I found that removing a memory module - any of them stopped the
shutdowns, and I eventually 'bodged' the system by increasing the memory refresh
by a cycle. It was an old system and a 'new' memory module was, being old tech,
horrendously expensive
That worked for several years, and eventually management agreed the system was
too slow - as in users kept complaining about the system's response, so we were
actually allowed to BUY a new one!

JimB