[AccessD] Problem Making Query

FW Salato Center Salato at ky.gov
Fri Dec 11 11:21:10 CST 2015

Could this be simplified with a simple count -- if no ACTIVE, assumed COMPLETE????

Susan H.

Dear List:

I need some help structuring 2 queries and can't seem to figure how to do it.

I have two tables: Projects and Project Activities, where Project Activities has the FK of Project ID - PK in the project table.

Activities table has a status field 'ACTIVE' or 'COMPLETE'

The client wants to add checkboxes on the calling form - one labeled 'Active', one  labeled 'Complete', so that the combo box of Projects on the called form will show only Active projects, only Complete projects or both.

Showing both is easy - I already had that before he thought up this dandy enhancement

A project is Active if ANY project activity is status = ACTIVE.

A project is complete if ALL activities are status = COMPLETE.

So I'm trying to create two queries - one which would list active projects and one which would list complete project per the definition above then I'll change the row source of the combo box based on which boxes are checked.

But I've been fooling around with it long enough without success that I think I need some help.

(help!)

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software