[AccessD] Access 2010+ with SharePoint

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 13:04:33 CST 2015

I think it gets much easier with 2016 -- something to consider. You don't
need SharePoint.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38833

Susan H.

Old fart that I am, I haven't upgraded my Office since the 2007 version, but
I remember reading that 2010 introduced a method of creating Web apps using
SharePoint as a back end. Has anyone experience with this approach? I
briefly looked at SharePoint, and in fact years back was being considered to
work on a SharePoint project, but if memory serves I didn't proceed because
I thought the cost of having my own version for learning at home was
prohibitive.

If you've had such a project, I'd be interested in your thoughts about such
an approach.

A related question concerns SharePoint pricing. Is it per-user, or per-site,
or perhaps per-database? Can anyone shed any light on that aspect?

--
Arthur