[AccessD] OT: Working with Mac Mini from MS Windows via RealVNC. Was: Re[2]: Microsoft stock price crashed today

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Feb 2 14:43:18 CST 2015

 Hi Doug --

Thank you, as you're not on dba-Tech, I will try to ask you my questions on Mac Mini usage here as I suppose your answers would be interesting for this group members:

Main questions:

- What (wireless) keyboard and mouse do you use with your Mac Mini?

- Would it be a viable option to use a RealVNC Viewer (free version as paid one doesn't exists) running on an MS Windows system to control a Mac Mini (with RealVNC Server paid version)?

Secondary questions,  just reply if you have any experience and/or wish to share your opinion:

- What Mac Mini configuration would be good enough for  iPhone/iPad development with iOS 8 SDK and XCode?

- Have you ever tried to connect a Mac Mini via HDMI to a Smart TV as e.g. Samsung UN40H6350 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV ( http://tinyurl.com/lvgmw9j)  to use it as a display? Thank you.

-- Shamil