[AccessD] Q related to UNIX VM's and Task Monitoring

John W. Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:11:14 CST 2015

I assume that the "background workers" are tasks written in some high
level language, probably running in a thread?  You need to determine
whether they write status kinda stuff to files or a database.  They
should.  If they do then you would need to read those files / database
tables periodically to make sure that status messages are being
written.  If that stops then the thread / worker is stopped.  If they
don't, see if you can persuade someone (developer) to write status stuff
out periodically.

In the end however the reason for the failure needs to be investigated
and fixed.  Anything else is just a kluge.

John W. Colby