[AccessD] Access Controlling Excel Via Windows Automation - More Info

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Wed Feb 4 11:57:37 CST 2015

All,

Thanks for the help on this issue.

Summary - Access application controlling Excel via Windows Automation.

Late Binding is used

Works properly on PC with Access 2007 and Excel 2007

Works properly on a second PC with Access 2013 (Runtime) and Excel 2013

Does not work on a machine with Access 2010 (Runtime) and Excel 2013.

I actually have two small Access applications that I am using to debug this problem.

One was working fine, the other was not working.

The first Access application had "xlApp.Visible = False" and was working nicely.

I changed this line to "xlApp.Visible = True" and now this application is also not working.  I now see an error message that says "We're sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly.  Excel will need to be closed as a result."

So, it appears that the command "xlApp.Visible = True" is at the crux of the problem on the machine with Access 2010 (Runtime) and Excel 2013.

I feel like I am getting closer, but still no cigar.

Brad