[AccessD] Backend database corruption

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 21 12:11:49 CST 2015

The local and provincial government's IT departments, back in the late '90s, gave an edict that there could be no DAO databases...I guess too much important data was lost over the years since the early '90s.

I for one was pleased to hear this turn of events as it tended to stop the proliferation of these really badly designed projects and with every data loss, it was another nail in the MS Access coffin. Unfortunately, this rule came too late and I believe was one of the major factors that removed MS Access development from the business world. Considering that ADO IDE database connections, design and a good SQL DB BE, would have solved the problems right from the getgo. I believe if MS had been so inclined MS Access still would have been a major player within offices...an opportunity lost, IMHO.

Jim