[AccessD] How to Open Notepad (Maximized) to view a CSV file

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Fri Feb 27 07:24:31 CST 2015

All,

I have an Access 2007 application that needs to open a CSV file with notepad (Maximized) instead of Excel.

I have done some experimenting with both Shell and Application.FollowHyperlink with commands like this.

Shell "notepad.exe C:\Test.csv"

Application.FollowHyperlink “C:\Test.csv"

Shell opens the file with Notepad, but it is not maximized

Application.FollowHyperlink will open the file maximized, but it opens it in Excel and I need it to be opened with Notepad.

Is there a VBA instruction that will open a CSV file with Notepad with a Maximized screen?

Thanks

Brad