[AccessD] Confused by One to Many versus One to One

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Sat Jan 3 21:27:30 CST 2015

I agree with Jim.

1-1 relationships can be set up if desired in order to try and be more
strictly normalized but it rarely makes sense these days and it does
complicate any UI or queries structures.

I think I've only ever used one 1-1 table relationship in my own
developments. I'll have to look and see if I can find out why I did that.

I saw a lot of 1-1 relationships in a very large, government agency,
database schema in the past but after numerous years of working with it
there was never an entry in any of those tables.