[AccessD] Not In List Event Not Triggering

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Jan 14 10:34:11 CST 2015

It's 2003.

From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:32 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Not In List Event Not Triggering

And further, assuming Access 2007 or later, you can also specify the name of
a form to pop up to accept the new item in the event of Not In List.
This enables you to add additional field values to the newly added row.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Heenan, Lambert <Lambert.Heenan at aig.com>
wrote:

> The *fundamental* issue is "All the other combo boxes with NIL event
> are working.  *But with Limit To List property set to No*."
>
> That is where things a wrong. The NIL is *only* supposed to fire if
> the limit to list property is set to "Yes". See
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff845736(v=office.15).a
> spx which states "The LimitToList property must be set to Yes for the
> NotInList event to occur."
>
> Lambert ?????

Arthur