[AccessD] Not In List Event Not Triggering

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 11:52:43 CST 2015

A very simple not in list sample:

LimitToList : YES
On Not In List : [Event Procedure]
Row Source: SELECT tblSomeTable .SomeField FROM tblSomeTable ;

Private Sub cboMyComboBox_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)
Dim strsql As String, x As Integer
x = MsgBox("Do you want to add this value to the list?", vbYesNo)
If x = vbYes Then
    strsql = "Insert Into tblSomeTable ([SomeField]) values ('" & NewData &
"')"
    'MsgBox strsql
    CurrentDb.Execute strsql, dbFailOnError
    Response = acDataErrAdded