[AccessD] Access 2007 Reporting Application - Problems with Excel not Installed on Server

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Wed Jan 14 19:46:10 CST 2015

Jim, John, Mark,

Thanks for assistance, I appreciate it.

You are right, everything seems to work nicely when late binding is used.

Yesterday, I switched to late binding and I removed the reference to the Excel Object Library (or I should say that I "thought" that I had removed (unchecked) this reference.

After receiving your advice that Late Binding should work, I double-checked that the reference to the Excel Object Library was not present, but found that it was still there.  Evidently, I had not properly removed this reference and thus got confused when things did not work on the server that does not have Excel.

Thanks again,
Brad