[AccessD] Access 2007 Applications Running Under Access 2013 Runtime

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 18 18:48:14 CST 2015

Over the last couple of weeks I have been in conversation with a support company who have been approaching a number small to medium companies and trying to get them to migrate up from their XP boxes Yes, you would not believe how many businesses are sitting still and trying to figure out which way to go next.

I have been brought in to do some consulting on how easy it is to move a company called LondonDrugs from XP to Linux. They are not a large company but they will have to move their 78 store with around a thousand Desktops and Servers sooner than later. Microsoft, has approach them, offering deals, assistance and even terms but the management does not want to end up in a similar set of circumstances, in another five years. No matter what the results are it is going to cost the company millions. I of course am hoping they will choose Linux for a majority of their computers but have no say in the outcome.

I know I said I would not get pulled back into systems work but my Volvo has broken, probably the most expensive part in the car; the control mechanism between the front and rear AWD and it will cost about 4K when the taxes are paid. Hopefully a weeks work will cover it.

The final ending of Windows7 may not be so...has not Microsoft condemned Window 7 to the dust-bin a couple of times before?

Jim