[AccessD] Dirty property

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 06:44:29 CDT 2015

Well, in this particular form, I have a situation where one of either two
fields is required, but not both. I'm not sure how I could've normalized it
differently, but that's possible. I don't know of any way to validate an
either/or requirement at the table level. I think it might be easily done
in 2013 with the new data macro feature.

I truly think the easiest course -- and I tend to take that road when
possible -- is to just remove the Close button from the form and force
users to close using the form's command buttons. To be consistent, I guess
it's best to remove it from them all.

I appreciate the conversation, because learning this business about the
form close event and saving is great information. I almost never work in
Access anymore though and I've forgotten so much, but I don't believe I
ever knew that about Dirty and Form_Close.

Susan H.