[AccessD] Dirty property

FW Salato Center Salato at ky.gov
Thu Jul 23 14:40:03 CDT 2015

I'm using an If with ISNULL and that part works fine with the Save button I've added to the form.

Susan H.

Hi Susan

Oh, you mean the schema design? I guess there is no black/white here.

If you, for example, count upper and lower teeth, there would hopefully never be a third option. You could argue, that in such a case you should state 0 (zero) for not teeth at all in either or both (and yes, I know dentists operate with a quadrant system with left/right as well).

So it depends.

I checked with a validation rule of:

    Is Not Null Or [OtherField] Is Not Null

But Access barks that other columns than the current cannot be used in the SQL.
Data macros I have never used and probably never will.

/gustav