[AccessD] Dirty property

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 05:48:22 CDT 2015

I apologize if my habits seem to imply that I'm not paying attention. I am.
I won't really have time to actually apply any of this discussion until I
have an afternoon that isn't busy. I am reading and paying attention
though, just not with any real effort to retain and apply. The info's
there, and I'm asking questions as I think of them.

I actually had this very validation rule issue on my mind as I woke this
morning. :) I seem to recall that SQL Server lets you apply table level
rules and I was wondering if Access did the same, but I can't remember.
It's something I thought I'd check this morning, once all the screaming
children are checked in. If someone wants to answer that question for me
and save me the trouble, that'd be nice. :)

After two years of post-retirement fun at the nature center, I'm ready to
adventure, but ... dang... I'm just really not suited. I've had to acquire
a lot of personal interaction skills that I didn't have and trying to pull
them out and use them takes more energy that I really want to expend. Last
week, two ladies brought a fawn in -- really? It was wrapped in a blanket,
bleating its head off, trying to get down. She demanded I relieve her of
said fawn -- I don't make enough to take a hove to the face, tiny thought
it may be. I refused... oh ... it just went downhill from there. Now what
rational person thinks it's Okay to snatch a fawn out of the woods, put it
in the car, drive it to the "nature" center and demand to be relieved of it
with complete impunity, because of course, fawn-snatching is totally
illegal. <sigh> I just don't have the patience for people's stupidity and
it's beginning to wear on me. I can't slap them -- management won't let me.
:)

Susan H.