[AccessD] how to have access ignore a form that is canceled

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 14:37:56 CDT 2015

I am running this

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmComments", acNormal, , , acFormEdit, , CStr(Me.ID)

When the openargs is null, I cancel form load.

How can I get Access to ignore that the form wont open instead of throwing
me into break mode?

My error trapping is not working, and the problem arised before Form_Error
in the calling form so I cannot continue past it (which makes sense since
it is not a data error I guess).

Private Sub cmdAddComment_Click()
On Error Resume Next
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmComments", acNormal, , , acFormEdit, , CStr(Me.ID)
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
    MsgBox "Could not open the comments form"
End If
End Sub