[AccessD] How do I calculate the sum numbers of an array

Kostas Konstantinidis kost36 at otenet.gr
Wed Jul 29 03:38:55 CDT 2015

Hi Gustav,
you are great

many thank's
/kostas

-----Αρχικό μήνυμα-----
From: Gustav Brock
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:40 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] How do I calculate the sum numbers of an array

Hi Kostas

Just loop the numbers and sum the numbers in odds and evens:

<code>
Public Function SumString(ByVal Numbers As String) As Long

    Dim NumberParts As Variant
    Dim SumEven     As Long
    Dim SumOdd      As Long
    Dim Result      As Long
    Dim Item        As Long

    NumberParts = Split(Numbers, " ")

    For Item = LBound(NumberParts) To UBound(NumberParts)
        If Item Mod 2 = 0 Then
            SumEven = SumEven + Val(NumberParts(Item))
        Else
            SumOdd = SumOdd + Val(NumberParts(Item))
        End If
    Next
    If (SumOdd + SumEven) Mod 2 = 0 Then
        Result = SumEven