[AccessD] Ac2013 running out of resources

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 10:01:26 CDT 2015

I tried the procedure with opening the report first. This accomplished
nothing for me other than slowing things down, and giving visual indication
of what was being output - more of a nuisance than otherwise a benefit. So
the performance was worsened and the resource creep slowed, time wise, but
exactly the same if not worse, count wise... in truth, what I kinda
expected though I admit to guarded optimism at the beginning.

I am going to write the routine differently to keep track of which reports
have spooled and ask the user to quit the application at certain points in
the batch. Then adjust the auto exec to pick up where things left off when
the application is restarted until batch exhausted. Nothing else I can do.
The second database approach is viable but the owner does not want to have
to have all their users maintain a second database and they are willing to
live with interruption.

In a side but related note - and this is worth all of your attention I
believe...

One of the times when resources were depleted, I was attempting to save,
and after I shut and reopened the database, there was. NO VA CODE in any
form, repirt, or standard module. Gone! The objects were still there but
hidden from the VBE. I could import some objects from that database into a
recovery database, but not forms, reports, or code modules. There names
became reserved, but using the objects impossible. Thank God I had JUST
copied my code out of the main standard module into a Notepad window. But I
lost all the code behind my for and report, and had to rebuild those
objects from scratch. Sucked, after all I had ready been through, and
believe me I kicked myself for not having a servicable backup of these
objects in another database. I really have to get more religious about
making backups.