[AccessD] How to tell how much resources have been used

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 14:36:50 CDT 2015

Posted in two parts, message too long.

On Jun 7, 2015 3:29 PM, "Bill Benson" <bensonforums at gmail.com> wrote:

> This gets even more interesting/deeper/troublesome. I started wondering,
what was taking up all those resources even BEFORE the reports started
being run/outputted.

> Used 0.0 mb by time parameters obtained.
> Used 0.2 mb after creating spool table.
> Used 110.6 mb after inserting bDoPartnerReportsEast records into spool
table.
> Used 193.8 mb after inserting bDoPartnerReportsWest records into spool
table.
> Used 368.2 mb after inserting bDoManagerReportsEast records into spool
table.
> Used 564.5 mb after inserting bDoManagerReportsWest records into spool
table.

> Wow, between 100 and 200 mb per insertion routine. And it is totally
accretive, meaning Access was hanging onto resources with each and every
recordset I was opening and populating a table from!

> So I thought maybe I should post for you all the code that I am using for
that process, to see if you have any clues what could be making this happen
to me? I wouldn't want to give DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport,
"rptDeliverablePartner", acFormatPDF, strReportPath all of the blame - in
fact, per report, it is far the lesser of many evils.