[AccessD] Start Database with batch command and run macros

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:08:06 CDT 2015

I have a database that because Access runs out of resources, I need to (or
I need the user to) shut it down and re-open. The startup form knows to
check whether batch reports have completed; if not, to continue generating
reports until complete.

I think I know how to code a routine to write a batch command to a batch
command text file and then Shell that so Access will restart, before
quitting user's Access instance.

However, if I do that, won't macros be enabled with user prompt just the
same as happens now when the user opens the database? I mean, is there a
way to force this Access database open from a batch command with macros
enabled?

TIA