[AccessD] Calculated Fields

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:36:56 CDT 2015

SQL Server had triggers too, while Access only just acquired data macros to
serve some of the same purposes.  I haven't used them in Access or SQL
Server because to me they totally violate normalization.  They're really
data warehousing/reporting tools that have been grafted onto databases and
in Access they can be easily misused by people who don't know how to
program events.  Their use in Access is, I think, aimed at web-based
solutions.

Charlotte Foust
(916) 206-4336