[AccessD] Error creating ACCDE file

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at aig.com
Wed Jun 17 11:58:17 CDT 2015

Cross Posted

Access 2010. I'm suddenly getting the error "You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'MSysAccessStorage'." When I try to create an ACCEE file.

I have an ACCDB file which compiles to an ACCDE, but then when I import some modified forms from a development copy, replacing the originals, I then get the above error.

I have tried exporting the forms from the development version into the production file , no good.

Importing the forms from the production version into the development version. No good.

Used SaveAsText method and LoadFromText for the forms. No Good.

I wound up having the redo all of the form edits manually in a 'clean' (compiles to ACCDE) file and then recompiling. That worked.

Does anyone have any idea what the cause of this misery might be?

Lambert