[AccessD] Ac2013 startup form

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 09:58:44 CDT 2015

None of these suggestions help. For those which reference VBA, as I stated
early on, this is a problem with Macros not being enabled yet.

Setting AutoCenter to Yes did not help reduce the dialog to the desired
size (its last saved size was nice and compact - just as it appears in
Design View).

SOMETHING must be stretching this form out to monstrous proportions. Since
no VBA can be affecting the form on startup, and its size is compact in
design view, I think there must be a bug in MS Access.

Rocky - since you know (now at least, I hope) that this problem manifests
before macros run - and since you also know I am getting a runtime message
about macros (with a requirement to halt them) therefore AutoExec doesn't
save me - is there any other recommendation you have?

As I said earlier, I thought I had a solution by changing the Border Style
from Sizable to Dialog, because the very next time I opened the form it
looked fine. However I think I was misled by the possibility that macros
could have already been enabled while I did that test. the very next time I
opened the database to this startup form, it was back to a huge splash
screen ... and my nice background was runined and the controls I wanted to
appear nice and centered, on a compact form, were oddly positioned vis a
vis the form's large dimensions.

Hugely frustrating.