[AccessD] Automatic Update Function

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Mar 2 14:33:35 CST 2015

The main hassle is dealing with embedded quotes and commas in text fields and parsing a
mixture of text and numeric fields where only the text fields rare quoted.

It is a real PITA if you are using data generated by anyone else since there is no standard for
CSVs ( ie, whether to quote numeric fields, how to "escape" embedded quotes etc).

If you use Tabs as your delimiter, you don't need to worry about quoting and parsing text
fields (and as a bonus, Excel understands Tab separated columns).

--
Stuart