[AccessD] Delimiter Value

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Mar 6 16:41:10 CST 2015

Similar problem  with Unix generated text files which just use a LF (Chr$(10) as the delimiter
rather than the Windows CR LF pair.

VBA doesn't recognise this as a line break and if you use Line Input..., it tries to {ead the
whole file in one go.  You need to do a universal Replace of LF with CRLF before trying to
parse

I ended up writing  a very small pre-processing utility in PowerBASIC to do this when I had a
few  Access applications that were reading in large Unix generated text data files (many
hundreds of MB  per file).

And of course, to complicate matters further, early MACs (up to OS 9?) used a single CR as
the delimiter.  :{

--
Stuart