[AccessD] Query Help Needed

John Bodin jbodin at sbor.com
Fri Mar 13 16:11:51 CDT 2015

Hi David, I am storing the dates using the DATE() and not NOW() functions.  I know it is "air code", but I'm a little confused as I tried substituting my actual table/field names in but I got a Syntax Error (missing operator):

SELECT B.CallNo, B.DateAssigned, B.Technician (SELECT CallNo, Min(DateAssigned) AS MinDate FROM YourTable GROUP BY
CallNo) A  <========(on the letter A is where the cursor ends up)
INNER JOIN YourTable B ON A.CallNo = B.CallNo And A.MinDate = B.DateAssigned

Am I opening my table "tblCallsTechs" up twice in the query grid, assigning the alias of A to one of the tables and B to the other?  So my partial query looks like:

SELECT B.CallNo, B.AssignedDate, B.TechID
FROM tblCallsTechs AS A INNER JOIN tblCallsTechs AS B ON A.CallNo = B.CallNo;

The Select within the Select is something I've probably done once or twice in the past, but not sure how to get that to work.  Thanks for quick response.

John