[AccessD] Fw: object or class does not support set of events

John Bodin jbodin at sbor.com
Tue Mar 17 07:53:45 CDT 2015

(This bounced earlier so trying again)

Hi John,

Saw multiple references to the below two suggestions, which you may have already tried.  Seemed to be any time Access 2007 (Or Office 2007) was installed with an earlier version on the system like 2002, 2003... Maybe one will work for you.  I use Allen Browne's registry hack and have A97-2010 installed on my dev machine and it works fine - only requirement was that I went from oldest to newest version of access when setting up my machine.

John

-----

Hi All,

I'm having the same problem..and I did not found any solution in the web. Anyway, I would like to share what I found out...

The reason behind these errors is the version used for the development of the MSAccess App. I have MSAccess 2002 and 2007 both installed in my workstation. Since I installed the 2007, the 2002 version produces this error: "Object or class does not support the set of events" everytime I ran VBA.

Anyways, to make the long story short use the correct "MSACC.OLB" for the right version of the MSAccess. Check the reference used in VBA to see if the right version of the said file is being used.

here are the list of paths for this file:

2007 = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12"
2003 = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11" << not sure with this one
2002 = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10"
97 = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office" << MSACC8.OLB is used

You may change the path of the refrence used in VBA or you may just replace it with your preferred version of the OLB file(just rename the old one).

I hope this will help everyone!

I too have both Office 2003 and 2007 co-installed on my machine. When I open an Access 2003 database, and any form or report, this error came up. My solution is to "toggle" a Reference - "Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library" - untick it, close References dialog, re-open it, and click Browse to navigate to the MSO.DLL file in the OFFICE11 folder under "microsoft shared" folder

------