[AccessD] NMFC class descriptions

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Wed Mar 25 07:42:00 CDT 2015

Thanks.

Jim.

-----Original Message-----
From: AccessD [mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Arthur Fuller
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 05:33 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] NMFC class descriptions

Jim,

I found a PDF containing a lengthy list. Can't say how complete it is, nor
whether, in light of the copyright issue mentioned above, you can use this.
Since it's a PDF, you'll have to transform the data. I did that in the
simplest possible way -- grabbed all the text from the displayed PDF and
pasted it into a text file, in which I'll then transform " - " into ^T, so
I can import the data into Excel.

The data is formatted with a "header" line identifying each group, like
this:

145 - BRUSHES (NOT OTHERWISE CLASSIFIED)
14515 - ACID
14543 - MASONRY BRUSHES
14545 - PAINT AND VARNISH
14560 - ROOFING
etc.

Here's the link:

NMFC codes (South Florida)
<http://www.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/portal/xrepository/sfwmd_repository_pdf/commodity_codes.pdf>

Don't know how important the South Florida qualifier is. But anyway, it's
the best I could come up with. (I used wikipedia not just Google.)

Arthur
​