[AccessD] FW: Form changing behavior after changing record source

FW Salato Center Salato at ky.gov
Thu Mar 26 13:40:36 CDT 2015

It's a single table with no criteria expression in place. I'm just using the query instead of a form to more easily control the save and cancel process during data entry.

I read about the Unique Values property and in testing found that I couldn't change it to Yes because of the Attachment fields. The table has several and I noticed last fall that the query added several additional fields for each Attachment field -- FileName, FileType, etc.

I removed all the extraneous fields and the query is now updateable (New) record and the form is opening in data entry form as it was before. However, the (form) control bound to the Attachment field no longer works. I've lost all that new functionality.

I'm still playing, but if anybody knows a work around, I'd appreciate some more information.

Susan H.

​Is the query itself updateable?  It doesn't sound like it, and in that case there will be no New button on the navigation controls.​  If the query cannot be updated when you run it, there is no way to add or edit records in a form.

Charlotte Foust
(916) 206-4336