[AccessD] Menu form changes app behavior?

Janet Erbach jerbach.db at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:59:59 CDT 2015

I am trouble shooting an app that uses a switchboard menu.  While I'm
trouble shooting, I open the app in design view to write my code, test my
forms and queries, etc.  Everything is working fine that way.

As soon as I run the menu form and begin testing the app the way the end
user sees it, the results I get change.

Specifically:  the user types in a part # and a machine #;  the query
inserts, say, 6 records into a temp table.  A form comes up that displays
the records in that temp table;  the user can select the records to process
with an 'accept' checkbox.  When the user clicks 'submit', all records with
'accept=true' should be selected and processed.

This works fine when I open the app in design mode:  I select 6 records,
and 6 records are processed.  When running this function through the main
menu, though, only 5 out of 6 are being selected!  It's as if the last
'accept' checkmark is not being posted to the table.  I issue a
'Me.requery' to the form as soon as the 'submit' button is checked to post
all the records, but it's not working.

I have no idea why this is happening.  Any ideas where I can look?

Janet Erbach