[AccessD] Form won't populate in 'Menu' mode

Janet Erbach jerbach.db at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:42:48 CDT 2015

I have a continuous form that is bound to a temporary table on the user's C
drive.  The temporary table is populated before the form opens.  There are
no filters, nothing fancy at all - just a form bound to a small, local
table.  The user inputs a tooling # into a  'Find' form;  if records are
found for that #, the temporary table is populated and the 'Display' form
opens.

I'm seeing 2 consistently different behaviors which are driving me crazy.

1)  *Open the app in design mode*...I input a tooling # in the 'Find' form;
click 'submit'; the 'Display' form opens and all of the records display
just fine.  Every time.

2)  *Run the app in user mode*...the app opens to a switchboard form. I
select the proper switchboard item, input a tooling # in the 'Find' form;
click 'submit'; the 'Display' form opens and *at least 50% of the time the
form opens with no records displaying at all.  *If I click the 'refresh'
button (placed on the form because of this recurring issue), the form
requeries and the records display just fine.

I swear that the switchboard form is affecting the app's overall
behavior...but I don't understand how that could be.

Help.

Janet Erbach