[AccessD] Dropped records...Boatloads of them

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue May 26 16:18:39 CDT 2015

Hi Janet:

An MS Access MDB demands a very stable and static environment. Wireless connection are always dropping signal, by their nature...some worse that others. Watch out for corruption and quite possibly lost records. Where at all possible use network cable and/or use a UPS. Maybe make an over-night batch file the exports, imports and re-index the offending tables...that may save some flaky records and/or tell you exactly when a record(s) was lost.

Remove all cascading code from the application, updating or deleting. Use an unique key to identify a record when updating or deleting...there is less chance of falling victim to corrupted keys.

Of course my recommendation is to use ADO and I believe you have all the code for that.

HTH
Jim