[AccessD] Anyone used dbSync?

Dan Waters df.waters at outlook.com
Mon Nov 2 11:40:38 CST 2015

Hi Fred,

It looks to me like you may not need the synchronization product.  I went to
the site - what it does is keep two databases (or two backends) in synch
with each other on a periodic basis (for $149).  But it sounds like what you
need to do is this:

1) From your Access BE, upsize the Access tables to SQL Server tables. (do a
search for 'upsize Access tables to SQL Server tables')
2) In the Access FE, remove the FE table links to the Access database with
the data tables.
3) In the Access FE, create ODBC links to the same tables in the SQL Server
database.  (do a search for 'link Access to SQL Server)
4) Try out your application - it should run exactly like it did with the
Access tables.

You won't need to do this again so a synchronization product won't be of any
help.  Once it's all working, you won't need your Access BE file anymore.

HTH,
Dan