[AccessD] Visual Studio and source control

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 11:38:50 CST 2015

I have been using Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 for many years.  I am
about to move up to 2013, which has built-in support for GitHub.  I have
VS 2013 Community edition installed on a new dev virtual machine and
upgraded to the latest service pack (pack 3).

I would like to run a local GitHub server on my Windows 2008 R2 VM
server which hosts my dev virtual machines, then build a project from an
already existing 2010 project.

To this point I have found all kinds of "it can be done" but no clear
instructions to getting the server set up on Windows and from there
getting connected from inside of Visual Studio.  Can anyone point me to
a clear and concise instruction for making this work?

Any assistance much appreciated.