[AccessD] Connect String for Linked Table

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 17:02:22 CST 2015

Public Function DoesObjectExist(ByVal strObjName As String) As Boolean
    On Error Resume Next
    Dim intCnt As Integer

    intCnt = DCount("[Name]", "MSysObjects", "[Name] = '" & strObjName &
"'")
    DoesObjectExist = (intCnt > 0)
End Function

this *usually* returns true for a table with a broken link. Except,
sometimes it doesn't.  It does when I call it from the immediate window,
but when it's called from code, it may return a False.  If my hair weren't
already nearly white, it would be with this.

I'm also sometimes getting "item not found in this collection" when I try
to call the above routine from code.

Charlotte

Charlotte Foust
(916) 206-4336