[AccessD] MySQL db on Arvixe linux server

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Oct 8 00:22:33 CDT 2015

I've changed the subject back to the appropriate one.

If it's on a shared hosting account, you almost certainly will not be able to access it from
Access.

The best I've ever managed in that situation is to export the data locally at one end as plain
text, compress it, upload/download it via FTP , uncompress and then import at the other end.
It's a lot of work.

Still, it's worth contacting the hosting provider and checking whether you can have remote
access.

--
Stuart