[AccessD] Looking for easy form solution

FW Salato Center Salato at ky.gov
Sat Oct 24 14:37:33 CDT 2015

Rocky, I did.

First, I tried to set the default value at the form level. When you open the form without filtering, the checkbox controls are selected. When I open the form with a filter, they aren't. So, I tried setting them after opening -- still doesn't work. No error, it just doesn't do anything.

  DoCmd.OpenForm "Medical Update by Species", , , strFilter
  Forms![Medical Update by Species]!booSelect.DefaultValue = -1

Susan H.

Make the default value in the table False.  You may have to run a quick update query one time to set the value of the added field to False in  the existing records.  But all other records which are added should set that field to false as default.