[AccessD] Decimals Problem

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Sep 16 09:53:49 CDT 2015

Dear List:

In an app there's a text box bound to a quantity on hand field.  Sometimes
there is no exact equivalent in hex of a decimal fraction value.  So instead
of showing 150 the box shows 149.998475.  There is a user-specified
preference in a table specifying the number of decimal places to display.

Problem 1: If I set this in the property sheet instead of through code in
the _Open event, it works.  Setting the .DecimalPlaces property in code does
not work in the case of 149.998475.

Problem 2: Even if I can get the number to display as 150 by setting the
.DecimalPlaces property to zero, when I click into the text box the number
changes from 150 to display 149.998475.

Problem 3, the user I think will want one or two decimal places to show
wherever quantity on hand shows in the app - but not sure.  Maybe they'll
buy off on zero places.

Any leads on how to solve this greatly appreciated.

MTIA

Rocky