[AccessD] Decimals Problem

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Sep 16 18:57:09 CDT 2015

I solved it!  The conversion factor was stored as single.  It looked OK but
when I converted the field to double a bunch of the conversion factors
between different units of measure showed up as not right on the money but
slightly off - like Drums to Liters is 208.1999999695 instead of 208.2. So
when the receiving was done o a purchase order that was ordered in inches
but was stored as centimeters the conversion looked like 2.54 but was
actually 2.53999999619.

Changing the precision to double solved the problem!

Thanks for everyone's input.