[AccessD] Database servers and timezones

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Apr 24 11:25:23 CDT 2016

Basic tenet in most of the systems I have worked with/on:
Database activity - entry login etc .- GMT
Anything that is to be related to a locality - add the timezone ( and summertime
- daylight saving ) to get time at the related location -
So - database activity timestamps are in correct sequence and things like the
time that something should happen is local and would have a locality, and yes -
you would need to record something that indicates the relevant locality  (have
fun with that) - deliveries, servicing and meetings, then you can convert the
local happening to head--office (corporate) time.

JimB