[AccessD] Dell 5348 SSD upgrade

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Aug 14 08:26:44 CDT 2016

Have a look at the latest microSD's  256GB? And 10 times faster than 4 years
ago.

But then consider that rotating hard drive  process are pretty much the same per
GB as cheap DVD's

And -  their manufacturing costs, shipping costs, as well as the annual power
usage costs.

Add to that, that modern SSD's tend to last longer now, and when they fail, they
often do so  with some warning.

Me, I've been looking for a SSD card sized carrier that will run 4, or more
microSD chips as separate storage
I did see some that used 4 microSD's as a raid 5? assembly.
But I want to be able to move the MicroSD's to another carrier and access the
data there after 1 chip? Fails on the original assembly.

So, 5 years seems about right -
25% less cost for 25% more capacity a year on rotating.
25% less cost for 50 to 100% more capacity a year on MicroSD and probably SSD's.

Phone users will probably be taking the brunt of the cost in that development.

JimB