[AccessD] FW: Office 365

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 08:49:29 CDT 2016

Hi James

We use Office 365 for education. We do not do any development and we have no supporting systems on site. We do sync our AD to Office 365 and other than that that's about it.

On the desktop on student machines we control the version of Office. At the moment that is 2013. On staff machines it 2010 -2013 with a small number of 2016. We do not support a mixed office install at all on PCs. We will support one version on a PC and that's it. now days we do very little development in Access.

We use One Drive for Business which is SharePoint.

For students they lose access once they stop being a student that's usually 4 -5 years after initial sign on. They are responsible for removing anything they would like to keep.

In terms of enterprise level work egg large scale databases we host them internally but are doing some work on Azure with a view to moving some systems out.

In terms of agent access not sure what you mean. Our data is held on European data centres in Holland and Dublin. I am aware of recent attempts to access data form the USA but jury still out on that. Any data we would be concerned about we hold mostly in large enterprise systems on site.

Martin